Saturday, September 10, 2011

Cheese Slaw



Cheese Slaw is one of my most favorite summer time dips!  I don't know why we only make it in the summer, maybe it is the fresh jalapenos that make me think of this dip in the summer months.  We served this last week when we had friends who were over for dinner and they loved it, so I thought I would share it with you.

Cheese Slaw

1 lbs Swiss Cheese Shredded
3 Jalapenos, diced
Mayonnaise



Mix the above ingredients together in a bowl.  I did not suggest an amount of mayo to use for the slaw.  I just use a few spoon fulls or until it is the consistency I like.  Once everything is mixed together well, place in the refrigerator and serve chilled.  We enjoy our cheese slaw with Frito's! 

My mom has been making this recipe for years.  She got this recipe from a local cookbook shown below.  We have tweaked the recipe over the past few years to what I have above!  The original recipe called for banana peppers and green onions.  It is delicious with or without these extra ingredients!  I hope you enjoy!

No comments: