Saturday, July 16, 2011

Sour Cream Enchiladas

Tonight's Menu:  Sour Cream Enchiladas with Streamed Broccoli

Sour Cream Enchiladas

I was so excited to eat these I forgot to take a picture of the final product! 

Sauce:
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1 can diced green chilies ( 4 oz)
1/2 tsp salt

Filling:
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
2 cup shredded cooked chicken
1/2 cup chopped green onions (scallions)
1 package (12) of small corn or flour tortillas-  I used flour!



Cook Chicken (if you don't already have some on hand).  I baked 3 split chicken breasts with a little bit of veggie oil, salt, pepper, and Emeril's Essence.  I could have just made a meal out of this chicken...it was so yummy!  But, I had to shred 2 cups for the recipe.  I put the rest of this juicy, crispy chicken in the fridge for chicken salad sandwiches tomorrow.

Mix together the sauce in a sauce pan over low heat (I skipped this step and it turned out great!  I mixed in a big measure cup without heat).  Stir to make sure all the chunks are gone.  Remove from heat.  Mix filling together.  Place about 1/4 cup of filling into a tortilla, 1 tbsp of sauce, and roll it up.  Place it seam side down, side by side.  Once you have made all the enchiladas, pour the remaining sauce over the enchiladas.  Then sprinkle with cheese before baking. 

Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.  I steamed a head of broccoli to accompany this meal.

My daughter had a friend over this evening and she said, "This is the best thing I've eaten since my mom made enchiladas!"  :) 

*If you want to make this recipe a little healthier, use fat-free sour cream and fat-free cream of chicken soup.

Thanks Pie Birds, Buttons, and Muddy Puddles for the recipe!

No comments: