Sunday, July 24, 2011

Diablo Quesadillas



These Diablo Quesadillas were excillant!  We have a local restaurant, Macados, which serves these and I wanted to recreate these.  I had leftover cooked, split chicken breasts from earlier in the week and I used that for these.  Here is the recipe:

Monterrey & Colby Shredded Cheese
Cooked Chicken
Salsa
Bacon bits
Sour Cream
Tortillas


I did not measure the amounts of the ingredients, I just piled them onto the tortilla.  Place a small amount of butter on the heated pan and lay the bottom tortilla down.  Place cheese, chicken, bacon bits, and a few spoon fulls of salsa on the tortilla.  Then add a few more sprinkles of cheese and top the quesadilla with another tortilla.  Spread a little bit of butter on the top of the tortilla.  Let the quesadilla cook for a minute or two and then flip.  Be careful when you flip the quesadilla so that everything doesn't fall out!  Once the quesadilla is cooked, let it cool on a plate for about a minute.  Then slice it and add sour cream and salsa to the top!  Enjoy!

This recipe is super easy and very kid friendly!  My daughter didn't want shredded chicken in her quesadilla, so I just added cheese and bacon! 

No comments: