Monday, May 30, 2011

Homemade Pancake Recipe

My family loves pancakes.  We usually eat pancakes 3-4 times per month.  Growing up my parents never made homemade pancakes, it was always Bisquick.  I don't like spending $3-4/box on Bisquick, so I went searching for an awesome homemade recipe.  I have tried several recipes and this one seems to be a winner! 

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 1/4 cups milk
1 egg
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 tbsp vanilla extract

In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg, vanilla, and melted butter; mix until smooth.  Heat a lightly oiled griddle or over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.          

These pancakes freeze well, too!  I place a baggies full of pancakes in the freeze for a quick, easy meal in the mornings for my children.     

No comments: