Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My Goals for 2012

Can you believe that 2011 is almost over?  This has been a rough year for our family, but a wonderful year as well.  I hope that 2012 brings happiness to all!

Below are my goals.  I tried to keep them obtainable- like I really want to win the lottery this year, but my chances of that actually happening are slim!

1.  Spend one, one-on-one, day with each of my children this year.  My two oldest children are now 8 and 6.  They are growing up so fast and I feel that I have been missing out on many things in their life.  I feel that if I get to have at least one bonding day with each of my kids, both our tanks will be full!

2.  Continue to coupon.  I have fallen off the wagon lately and need to jump back on board!  I think the holiday hussle and bussle made me push couponing to the back burner.  This is one great way I can help my family save money, so this needs to be a priority!

3.  Go back to grocery shopping every other week. We use to grocery shop every other week when we were first married and it seemed to really work!  I hope to start off this year by grocery shopping only on my husbands pay dates.  My goal is to place a specific amount of money in an envelope for the off weeks so that we can go get milk, bread, etc. if we run out!

4.  To grow my Thirty-One business.  I need to set monthly goals.  One of my goals is to host a catalog party and a house party each month.  This has brought a good amount of extra money in for my family and I hope to continue to provide this to my household.  Anyone interested in hosting?  :)

5.  To read at least one book per month, even if I have to listen to the book on audiotape, I want to accomplish this!

6.  Read at least two series books to my oldest two children.  I really want to read The Little House on the Prairie and the Boxcar Children to my kids.

7.  To go camping.  We got camping stuff three Christmases ago and we still have not been camping.  My husband and I both grew up camping, but he is not too excited about the idea of taking four small children camping!  Can you believe him?!?!

8.  To go on a monthly date with my husband.  I cannot remember the last time we went on a date!  This year my goal is to have a monthly allotment for our dates.  I don't care if our dates consist of eating together during my lunch break or going out on the town, as long as we get to spend time together.

9.  To go on a vacation (other than the beach)!  We live only 5 hours from Washington, DC.  I really want to take my kids to some of the Smithsonian Museums and to the National Zoo.  My aunt and uncle live outside of DC, so we have a free place to stay, but we just haven't had the time to go up there.  This year, it is my goal to take a long weekend and explore our nations capital with our children!  I also want to take the kids to the Wilderness of the Smokies- an indoor water park/hotel.  It is like the Great Wolf Lodge, but cheaper in price. 

10.  To prepare more healthy dinners for my family.  My goal is to serve fish at least once a week.  I am not talking about breaded fish, but either baked or grilled.  Fish is very healthy for you and we haven't been eating enough of it!  I also want to start serving sweet potatoes weekly to my family.  My husband won't eat them, but my kids will, so I will have to fix a regular potato for him.  I also want to have more healthy snack options on hand for my kids this year.  My goal is to package the snacks in snack size baggies on Sunday for the week ahead.  I plan on packaging carrots, celery, grapes, nuts, raisins, etc. so they will be available when the kids are hungry and need a snack!

11.  To eat breakfast every morning.  I need to start eating breakfast.  I want to say my goal is to eat a healthy breakfast, but I am not sure if I can commit to that!

12.  To continue to see the ones we love often!  We have started eating dinner with my parents weekly and I hope to continue this into the next year.  We have also made some great friends this year and I hope we continue to get together often!

13.  To clean my van out weekly!

14.  To bake at least one loaf of bread per week!  My husband got me an awesome bread maker for Christmas and I hope to continue baking bread at least once a week this next year!

15.  To continue on our road to financial freedom!  "I owe, I owe, so off to work I go."

16.  To buy the Dave Ramsey Kids Financial Peace University Pack and go over with my children.  I want to start talking to them young about money, so they do not go into the world and get into debt!

No comments: