Thursday, December 29, 2011

12 DIY Goals for 2012









Each month I hope to do one DIY project.  I have become addicted to pinterest.com and this has inspired me to try some DIY projects.  Last week I made my first scarf out of old t-shirts and it turned out great!

My #1 goal this year is to learn how to use my sewing machine!  After that, I hope these will follow:

January- Homemade Soap in Crock pot
February- Homemade Laundry Detergent
March- Homemade Strawberry Freezer Jam
April- Homemade Applique t-Shirts for my kids
May- Homemade Place mats and Napkins (with sewing machine)
June- To Construct a Animal Zoo Jail for Children's Stuffed Animals
July- Make Pillowcase Dress out of Scraps (with sewing machine)
August- Make Hot Things- Rice Filled Hot Packs (with my sewing machine)
September- Homemade Lemon Hand Scrub
October-To Make Throw Pillows for my sofas (with my sewing machine)
November-Homemade Bubble Bath
December-Homemade Lotion

This past year I did not set out with any specific goals for DIY projects.  I did accomplish making my own grape jelly from grapes I picked!  I even made grape juice and froze!  The other project I completed was my first scarf out of an old t-shirt!  This is a start on my DIY projects.  I hope to become less reliant on the store bought items and make more myself this year!

No comments: