- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups corn syrup (I use 1/2 dark and 1/2 light)
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, coarsely broken
- 1 unbaked deep dish pie shell
1. In saucepan boil sugar and corn syrup together for 2 to 3 minutes; set aside to cool slightly.
3. At this point I like to strain the mixture to make sure it's smooth and lump free.
4. Stir in butter, vanilla, and pecans and pour into crust.
5. Bake in a 350°F oven for about 45 to 60 minutes or until set.
Recipe and picture from food.com