Enjoying life while continuously feeding my four kids, two dogs, and a husband.
Thursday, October 13, 2011
Thirsty Thursday: Hot Buttered Lemonade
"If you like lemon, this drink is about as soothing as they come — it's somehow light and rich at the same time. It's great for all ages, and best of all, it's easy to make."-Mother Nature Network. This drink is making my mouth water as I type. I found this recipe on Mother Nature Network. This such a great drink to soothe your soul this fall!
This does not take long to make!
• 3 cups water
• 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 2/3 cup sugar
• 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
• 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
• 4 cinnamon sticks (optional)
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, simmer water, lemon juice, sugar and lemon peel until sugar is dissolved.
2. Pour into mugs; dot each with butter. Drop in a cinnamon stick if desired. Serves four.