Wednesday, September 21, 2011

McCormick White Chicken Chili Recipe


My coworker introduced me to this delicious White Chicken Chili Recipe!  I encourage you to try it!  It is very simple and quick to make.  We needed a quick dinner last night since we had to be at Owen's school by 6:00pm for the back-to-school night.  This recipe came in handy. 

The original recipe came off the back of the McCormick White Chicken Chili Packet, but I tweaked it a little.

Ingredients:
1 can white kidney beans
1lb chicken boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cups chicken broth (recipe calls for 1 cup water, but I doubled the amount and used broth)
1 packet McCormick White Chicken Chili Packet
1/2 onion, chopped

Prepare the chicken by rinsing it off in the sink.  Then on a cutting board, cut the chicken into 1/2 inch pieces.  Place in the skillet on medium heat and cook until no longer pink.  Add 1/2 onion to the chicken.  Cook for about 3 minutes and then add beans, seasoning packet, and 2 cups of broth.  Let this come to a boil and then reduce heat to medium-low.  I let this sit on medium low for about 30 minutes before eating (The recipe on the packet says only 15 minutes of cooking and it's ready, but I wanted it to get happy!).  The broth reduces and the chili thickens up! 

You can also add a can of diced tomatoes to this or a can of corn!  We have added the tomatoes before, but not the corn.  I had a can of diced tomatoes with green chili's that I thought would taste great in this chili, but I wanted my children to eat without complaining of the spices! 

Enjoy!


No comments: