Sunday, September 18, 2011

Christmas is coming!

As Dave Ramsey says, "You will be sitting at the Thanksgiving table and start to choke on your turkey bone, because you just realized that Thanksgiving is in December this year!"

Have you started your holiday shopping yet? Do you have a set amount of money that you will spend on each person? I can happily say that I have started it. I cannot brag though, because all I have is some stuff from Claire's that was on the $1.00 sale rack. This is going to be stocking stuffers for Alex, my 8 year old daughter.


I have had my eye on this Radio Flyer Tricycle on Craigslist for $15.00. I thought about purchasing it as a Santa gift for my 2 year old, but I'm not 100% sure we need another bike! Our shed is already full with two Power Wheels, six bikes, a baby bike trailer, two Big Wheels, and a scooter!

I told my children this year that we are not going to ask Santa for anything electronic! Last year Santa brought my daughter, Alex, an Ipod Touch. My son, Owen, got a DSi XL. I don't have any desire to drain the bank account this Christmas on electronics for my kids! Owen has informed me that he wants a violin and that he wants to start taking lessons. Alex has asked for a marionette puppet. I like their requests this year!  What kinds of things are you kids asking for this year?

No comments: