Sunday, September 25, 2011

Five Question Friday



1. Dream job...realistic and completely unrealistic.

My dream job is realistic if we can get our ducks in a row!  I want to be a stay at home wife and mom.  I am jealous all the moms I know that get to stay at home, volunteer at the school, take the children to their events, and prepare a homemade meal- without rushing around!  My husband works for the Rescue Squad in the city, so he may need to find another job before I can stay at home!

2. Do you fart in front of your significant other?

Absolutely tootin' right I do!  He farts in front of me, so why should I not fart in front of him?

3. What's the furthest you've ever traveled from home? How far and where was it?
  
I traveled a lot growing up.  That is one thing that I really want to do with my family, as they get older.  I love to see new places and taste new foods.  When I was young, probably 7 or 8, we went to Texas to visit my aunt, uncle, and cousins.  We flew from Virginia to Texas.  I don't remember a lot of that trip, except I was not able to go to Mexico with my folks for a day trip because I had gotten sick and vomited the night before in a restaurant!
Another far away trip that I went on was to Europe.  The summer before I started my sophomore year in high school, my family took a two week trip to Europe with my best friend's family.  We visited Paris, France and London, England.  This was such a great trip.  Having my bff there made it great!

When I was a senior in high school, I took a cruise with 7 of my friends.  My parents didn't go, which I appreciated!  Two sets of parents went on the trip.  We drove to Florida to board our cruise.  We visited Jamaica, Grand Caymans, and Cozumel, Mexico.  I had a fabulous time on this trip and hope to one day take a cruise with my family!

4. How do you celebrate birthday for your kids? Family only or friends? ... Alternate for those without kiddos: How did you celebrate birthdays as a kid?


We have birthday parties that involve friends and family.  We do not have big birthday parties that involve the children's friends, until they have really made friends.  Wyatt will be turning 1 in October and we will have a small family get together, which will include dinner, to celebrate his big day. 

When I was a child, my family did the same.  I had a few birthday parties with friends at the house.  We always had a birthday party/dinner with my family, which included my grandparents.  This will be the first year I will not have any of my grandparents at my birthday dinner. 

5. Fave thing about fall?

Redskins football is my most favorite part of fall.  I do enjoy the weather, eating soups and chili, going to the pumpkin patch, and the preparing myself for the holiday season!

No comments: