Saturday, September 10, 2011

Baked Potatoes with Onions



Do you need a new idea for baked potatoes?  This one is a hit at our house!  My parents made these potatoes on occasion growing up and I loved them!  I now serve them to my family.

Ingredients:

Potatoes
Onions
Paprika
Salt
Pepper
Butter

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Wash off your potatoes and dry them.  Then slice the potatoes, usually into about three or four sections, but make sure to keep the potatoes together.  Once all the potatoes are sliced, slice the onions.  Place a slice of onion in between the potatoes.  Once the potato is done, place it in a baking dish.  Continue this step with each potato.  Once completed, place about a tablespoon of butter on each potato.  Then sprinkle with salt, pepper, and paprika.  Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for about 1 hour or until the potatoes are cooked through.  I check the potatoes with a fork.  If I can stab the potato easily and it starts to fall apart, I know it is done.

No comments: