Thursday, August 4, 2011

Lasagna Recipe



I fixed lasagna this evening for dinner.  I have been using this recipe for years, with a few modifications.  The recipe came from a family friend, Dana.  I think I recall getting this recipe with one of my gifts at a wedding shower.  Well here is the recipe...

2 cans spaghetti sauce
1 lb ground beef
1 onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 pack of uncooked lasagna noodles
2 eggs
1 container ricotta cheese
3 cups mozzarella
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper

Set oven to 350.  Cook the ground beef, onion, and garlic.  Drain.  Then add one can of spaghetti sauce to the meat.

Combine the cheeses, eggs, salt, and pepper in a separate bowl. 

Open the other can and pour 1/2 of the spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a 9 x13 dish. 

Layer uncooked noddles, meat mixture, cheese, and then repeat.  Once you have used up the mixture of meat and cheese, pour the other 1/2 can of sauce around the edges and top of the lasagna.  Bake uncovered for 1 hour at 350.  I usually place a baking sheet under the lasagna, sometimes it bubbles over the edge.  Enjoy!


Tonight we ate a Grapefruit Avocado Salad and bread with the lasagna.  My co-worker shared this recipe with me.  Take romaine lettuce and place on the bottom of the bowls.  Then slice grapefruit and avocado and place them on top of the salad.  You can make them look pretty by making a pattern of grapefruit, avocado, grapefruit, etc.  Then serve with Italian Dressing out of the bottle!  I really enjoyed this salad, but my husband thought it was too sour!  He's not a big grapefruit fan to begin with!  My children did eat some of the salad, too!

No comments: