Who wouldn't like friend green tomatoes? They are a summer time delight for my family! We got introduced to them while living with my grandfather. He had many friends that would bring us veggies in the summer and green tomatoes were some of the treats we got. Here is the recipe that I used tonight for the tomatoes. Sometimes my recipe changes depending on the ingredients I have on hand.
Fried Green Tomatoes
Italian Bread Crumbs
1. Slice the tomatoes.
2. Make an egg wash with one egg and water. I like to add hot sauce to this egg wash.
3. Mix half and half of bread crumbs and flour.
4. Heat oil in the skillet on medium to medium high heat.
5. Place tomatoes in the egg wash and then add to flour and coat both sides.
6. Place tomatoes in skillet and brown each side (about 2 minutes on each side)
7. Place on a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
8. Eat and enjoy!