Thursday, June 9, 2011

Summer Fun



I am sure you are asking yourself what my family is planning to do for fun this summer!  Today marks the 6th day of summer vacation for my children!  If you were to ask my children what they have done this summer, they would most likely say, "nothing" or "being bored."  I'm sure every parent can relate to this.  Does it seem like a task to find activities and entertainment for your children during the summer months?  Here are a few possible fun things I will be doing with my children this summer:

- visiting the local library and enrolling in the Summer Reading Program
- reading Molly McIntire (American Girl) Series to my 8 and 5 year old and possibly another series
- going to the lake to swim, swim, swim
- going to the beach
- taking walks through the neighborhood
- teaching my 8 year old to ride a bike (Yes, I'm embarrassed to say, she still rides with training wheels!)
- having at least two cookouts with family friends
- having at least two slumber parties for my two older children
- lots of swimming in the cheap plastic blow-up pool in our backyard
- visiting the Mill Mountain Zoo in Roanoke, VA
- inviting my children (two oldest ones) to spend the night with their grandparents
- send my son and daughter to at least one camp

What kind of fun stuff have you planned for your family this summer?  Are there any excursions that you are planning on "boring" your children with?

No comments: