Thursday, June 9, 2011

Freezer Burritos

After reading a few blogs on freezer cooking, I decided to give it a try!  The only freezer cooking I've done is a few meals (lasagna, chicken spaghetti, and meatloaf) before I went on maternity leave with #3!  This is very easy and quick to fix. 

Ingredients:
20 tortillas
2 Large cooked chicken breasts (bones removed and chopped)
1/2 jar of salsa
2 cups of cheddar cheese
1 large can of refried beans

Mix all the ingredients together and spoon about 1/4 cup of the mixture into the tortillas.  Wrap the burritos in wrap or place in a baggie.  I wrapped each one individually.  My husband and I have been taking these to work all week long!  I have been placing them in the microwave with a damp paper towel over the burrito, but you can also bake them at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes! 

My husband wants me to try some different varieties, so I am going to try beef burrito next time with ground beef. 

I took this recipe from www.moneysavingmom.com.

No comments: