Thursday, April 21, 2011

Kraft Magazine's Chicken with 20 Cloves of Garlic

I pulled out a few old Kraftfood Magazines last weekend to help me think outside of my everyday meals.  It seemed like we were eating the same thing week after week.  This recipe is one that my husband found and made!  He did an awesome job!  This chicken was so moist, tender, and tasty! 

20+ cloves of garlic
4 chicken breasts
3/4 cup chicken broth (we used 1 chicken bou. cube in 3/4 cup water)
1/4 cup of Cesar Dressing
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese (we had none, so we did without)

Cook chicken and garlic over medium high heat for 4 minutes.  Add chicken broth and dressing and cook with a lid on the skillet for 4 minutes.  Remove lid and sprinkle with cheese.

My husband cooked this on the grill in our cast iron dutch oven.  It was so nice!  Our house did not smell!  When the garlic cooks, the taste turns from powerful to mild and sweet!  I could have eaten every garlic clove!  My children even enjoyed this dish!



For the sides I fixed a box of Stove Top Stuffing.  For the veggies I roasted broccoli and carrots!  They were so good!  I roasted them about 20 minutes on 400 degrees.  I cut the broccoli up into a desired size.  I poured a little oil  into a bowl and mixed with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.  I then tossed the baby carrots and broccoli in the oil.  I then placed it on a cookie sheet and put in the oven.  I took it out of the oven when the broccoli ends started to brown- about 20 minutes.  Roasted veggies are so good to eat!

No comments: