Sunday, April 24, 2011

Chicken Cordon Bleu Burgers

Chicken Cordon Bleu will always be close to my heart!  My husband invited me over for Valentine's Day in 2002 and served me Chicken Cordon Bleu for dinner!  Every since then, I've been a huge fan!  So, yesterday I was searching the freezer for dinner ideas and it came to me!  I saw the discounted chicken that I had gotten at Kroger a few weeks ago and I knew we had Swiss Cheese and ham in the fridge. 

After thawing out the meat, I got my husband to make the burgers.  He mixed all the ingredients by hand.  We used 2lbs of ground chicken, 3 grated cloves of garlic, salt, and pepper.  Grating onion or garlic in your burgers help keep them moist (and gives it a great flavor!). 

My husband made 5 burgers in our burger press.  He then grilled them.  We usually never grill ground chicken and my husband was a little skeptical because ground chicken is so sticky and a different consistency from ground beef, but after placing on the grill, they did fine!  Before pulling them off the grill, he put ham and then the Swiss Cheese on top.  He let the cheese melt before taking them off.


These burgers were amazing!  We had onion buns (discounted to $0.99 at Kroger) to put the burgers on, but I'm sure regular buns would be great as well.  We ate baked beans with the burgers.

No comments: