Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Hot, Fresh, and Quick Chicken

I broke down tonight and bought a rotisserie chicken for dinner.  It was 5:35pm after I picked up all 4 kids, my husband was on a 12 hour shift, and I just wanted something quick and easy.  I have a freezer full of discounted meat, but I really didn't feel like cooking at all. 

My husband and I rarely buy rotisserie chickens and I just don't know why.  The children and I ate less than 1/2 the chicken for dinner tonight.  It is such a quick and inexpensive meal (we ate StoveTop Stuffing that I bought at Wal-Mart last month for $.25 and a can of green beans that cost $.70.  I spent a whopping $4.99 for a whole, cooked chicken.  I think I need to start adding one of these chickens into my crazy weeknight menus!  Our life is only going to get crazier over the next month!  My son, Owen, is starting Recreation League Soccer on the 21st.  We might have to take a chicken to the park and have a picnic while watching his game! :)

No comments: