Saturday, March 5, 2011

Benefits of Cinnamon

How often do you use cinnamon?


Over the past year, I've started serving cinnamon in many different dishes because of the health benefits.  I started putting cinnamon in my chili, oatmeal, on toast, and in applesauce.  My 23 month old loves sliced bananas with sprinkled cinnamon.  There are so many health benefits including:  lowering your blood sugar level, boosts cognitive functioning and memory/boosts brain function, stops medicine induced yeast infections, lowers cholesterol, helps with arthritis pain, helps fight against heart disease, etc.  I try and serve applesauce with about 1 tsp of cinnamon on it, at least 2 times a week.  I care for my family's health and want to do everything I can to help keep them well! 

Here are some ways to use cinnamon...
  • Cinnamon Toast
  • Sprinkled on top of your buttered sweet potatoes
  • On top of Applesauce
  • In chili
  • In oatmeal
  • Mix in with black beans
  • Add to cookies, cakes, puddings
  • Sprinkle sliced bananas
  • Sprinkle over a bowl of fresh fruit

No comments: