Saturday, February 19, 2011

My Saturday Savings

I was out the door at 9:30am this morning to go grocery shopping!  Boy, I was ready for it too!  I took only 1 child with me, which made my experience even more wonderful!  I've been stuck in the house all week with my sick children and husband, so going to the store was so exciting!

I had made out my menu for the week and made a list all the items needed, plus toilet paper and other necessities.  After I hit the produce department in Kroger, I went straight for the milk!  To my surprise, almost all the milk in the entire refrigerator was on sale!  I got two gallons of whole milk (or red cap, as my husband calls it!) and one gallon of chocolate milk for $1.59/each!  This is the main reason that I go shopping on Saturday mornings at my local Kroger!  The whole milk doesn't expire until February 27th and the chocolate milk on the 26th! 




Here are some other great deals from my Saturday Savings...



Whole Wheat Pasta (Spaghetti & Rotini):  $1.00 each
Pillsbury Grand Biscuits: $.99
Sundrop (Yes, it's finally arrived in VA!):  Originally $1.00, but I added an online coupon for $.75= $.25
Activa Yogurt:  Originally $1.88, $1.00 coupon and $.50 online coupon= $.33
Softsoap:  Originally $1.00, $.35 coupon that doubled= $.30
Campbell's Vegetable Soup:  Originally $1.50/each, $.40 that doubled= $3.70
Cheerios:  Originally $2.50, $1.00 coupon= $1.50
Peter Pan Peanut Butter:  $2.19, $.50 coupon that doubled= $1.19
1 pt. of Half and Half:  $.89

I am planning on serving Campbell's Vegetable Beef Soup and Biscuits one night this week.  The total for that meal, to feed all 5 of us is going to be $4.69!  That's CRAZY that I can feed a family for less than $5.00! 

Another meal that we have planned is spaghetti with meatballs!  I spent $1.00 on the noodles, $3.24 on meatballs (I had a coupon), and $1.75 on Ragu.  I will be able to feed my family for around $6.00!

I feel like I had a successful shopping trip, even though I spent $101.85!  I did save $43.39 with my coupons and Kroger savings!

No comments: