Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Coupons, Coupon, Coupons Everywhere!


A good friend of mine saves her coupons for me.  She usually saves up a plastic bag full and then delivers them.  I have been clipping coupons for about an hour and decided it was time to take a break.  She also put a few magazines in the bag as well.  I can't wait to look over them and pick out some new recipes to try!  Speaking of magazines, I want to share my most favorite cooking magazine, Cuisine at Home Magazine.  Here is the website:  http://www.cuisineathome.com/  You can sign up on the bottom right of the screen for free weekly recipe emails.  This is a great way to get new, unique recipes!

After my crazy day of working 8:30am-5:00pm, I went to pick up all four kids at two different locations.  My kids were in a pretty good mood until we came home to just change clothes for swimming lessons and then it all went down hill from there!  My 3 month old started screaming at the top of his lungs while I took the dogs outside, my 1 year old was walking around the house dragging toys everywhere , my 5 year old was not following directions about putting on clothes over his swimsuit (it is winter outside!), and my 7 year old decided she was going to sit down on the sofa to play the DSi, while I was trying to rush to get out the door.  After swimming lessons it did not get any better.  My kids got Sonic for dinner, because I was not going to worry myself with cooking since everyone was in a mood.  I told myself to get that crazy thought of going to Sonic out of my head, but I just couldn't.  After the kids ate, I bathed all 4.  My 3 month old screamed because he was hungry and did not like having to lay, he wanted to be held!  I finally got everyone ready for bed and my 5 year old decides to have another meltdown.  Since he was screaming at me I told him he could not have a cupcake for dessert, and that caused an even bigger scene.  Then my 1 year old decides to start crying with the other two and it was total chaos!  I decide right then and there that it was time for bed at 7:10pm.  I laid my 5 year old down, hugged him, kissed him, and told him I would be right back after I laid his sister down.  I came back into his room at 7:15pm to snuggle and he was snoring.  It's amazing how ugly a tired child can get!  I finally got everyone in bed and sat down to eat a bowl of leftover chili and clip coupons while watching the Biggest Loser!  I sure hope tomorrow goes better because we have Bible Study and Awanas going on after dinner...that reminds me I need to pull the pork loin out of the freezer for dinner tomorrow....

No comments: