Saturday, January 15, 2011

Menu for the week: Jan 16-21st

I have planned our meals out for the next week.  I'm trying to be adventurous and cook new recipes.  The only thing new I'm cooking this week is the Hamburger/Veggie Soup.  Here are my meals:

Sunday:  Hamburger/Veggie Soup, Salad, Crackers
Monday:  Leftover Lasagna, Salad, Bread
Tuesday:  Brussel Sprout Corned Beef Soup, Bread
Wednesday:  Shake-n-Bake (my own recipe), Mashed Potatoes, Broccoli
Thursday:  Pinto Beans, Corn Bread
Friday:  Breakfast for Dinner

I went shopping yesterday after work with the two youngest children.  This shopping trip wasn't too bad with the kids.  Sometimes the ugliness comes out of me we all go shopping together!  The oldest two love to push the kid’s carts around Kroger, bumping into everything and everyone, which drives me CRAZY!

My total for groceries for this week at Kroger was $86.48.  This includes everything needed for dinners, cereals (store brand of course!), breads, 2 gallons of milk, sandwich fixings, produce, eggs, and some snacks for the kids.  Here are some of my great finds this week:

Sara Lee Smooth Wheat Bread:  $1.99.  I had a $0.75 coupon.  I paid $1.24.
Softsoap Antibacteria Handsoap:  $0.88.  I had a coupon for $0.35 that doubled, so I paid $0.18.
2 Cans Spaghetti O's:  $1.00 each.  I had a $0.40 coupon, so I paid $1.20 for two cans.
Acitva Yogurt:  $1.99.  I had a $1.00 coupon, so I paid $0.99
Duke Mayo:  Closeout Item, $1.67
2 Lever 2000 Bar Soap: $1.00 each.  I had a coupon for $1.00 off two.  I paid $1.00 for 4 bars of soap.
3LBS Chuck Ground Beef:  $7.44 ($2.48/lb)


I saved a total of $24.60 by using coupons and getting items on sale! Kroger has some awesome items on sale this week.  They have their 10/$10 items.  Some good buys are:

Toaster Strudels:  $1.49 (use coupon in last Sunday's paper!)
Tombstone Pizza:  $2.27
Kroger Wheat Sandwich Bread:  $1.00
Little Debbie Snacks:  $1.00
Colgate Toothpaste:  $1.00 (use coupon in last Sunday's paper and possibly get it FREE)
Campbell's Soups:  $1.00 (use coupon in last Sunday's paper!)
Kraft Shredded Cheeses:  $1.49
Folder's Coffee:  $6.99 (use coupon in last Sunday's paper)

Keep your eye out for deals when you go shopping!  Just because stuff is marked down or on Manager's special, it doesn't always mean it is going bad!

No comments: