Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Best Ever Hot Chocolate

 
 
I came upon this recipe on the internet (cooks.com) one cold, winter's day as my children were playing outside in the snow.  We were out of hot chocolate packets from the store, so I thought to myself, "I'm going to make some from scratch!"  I was very pleased with the result.  I don't remember my mother's tasting like this as a child.  I remembered a watered down, coca drink!  My kids and husband thought it was the best they've ever had!  I hope you feel the same way once you try it!
 
The Best Ever Hot Chocolate Recipe:
 
1 Tbsp Coca Powder
2 Tbsp Sugar
2 Tbsp Water
1 Cups of Milk
1 tsp Vanilla

 
Mix the coca powder, sugar, and water together.  Heat over the stove for about one minute.  Whisk in the milk and vanilla.  Continue stirring occasionally until you have the desired temperature.  
 
Don't forget to add marshmallows to this wonderful hot chocolate!
 
This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled for the amount of people you will be serving! 



No comments: