Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Easy Chicken Meatballs

I made these easy chicken meatballs to go in our spaghetti and they turned out great!  I seem to always come across the discounted ground chicken at Kroger and I have a hard time turning it down since it is usually 1.29/lb.  As a matter of fact, I bought two more pounds of it today!  But, I sometimes have a hard time figuring out what to make with ground chicken.  This recipe turned out great!


Below is my easy chicken meatball recipe.  I hope you enjoy them!


1.5lbs ground chicken
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
1 tsp. parsley flakes
2 gloves of garlic, minced
1/2 small onion, minced
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese

Mix all the ingredients together and shape into balls.  The ground chicken is very sticky!  Brown in a little bit of oil.  I cooked them in my cast iron skillet, but you can use any type of skillet.  Drain the meatballs.  Then drain the oil out of the skillet and place the meatballs back into the skillet and add the spaghetti sauce!  Cook until warm.

You could also freeze the meatballs.  The easiest way would be to individually freeze them on cookie sheets and then place the frozen meatballs in a zip lock bag in the freezer.

No comments: