Monday, October 10, 2011

Crock Pot Apple Butter


I got very excited when I saw this recipe!  I cannot wait to make this! It looks so easy and so delicious!  Apple butter is one of my most favorite things to eat on a biscuit!  I cannot wait to fix this!

This recipe is taken from Sweet and Savory by Sarah.  Check out her cool blog and great recipes!

Here are the ingredients needed to make homemade crock pot apple butter:

8-10 peeled and cut apples, any variety
1 Tbs. Vanilla Extract
1 Cup White Sugar
1 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp. Cloves
2 tsp. Cinnamon


 

Cut and peel all of the apples.  Then place the apples in the crock pot.  Fill the crock pot to the top with apples- cut more if needed.  Add the sugar and vanilla to the crock pot.  Cover the crock pot and cook for 5-6 hours on low.  Stir every few hours.  After 5-6 hours, add the remaining ingredients.
Then cook for 4-5 more hours on low.  Again, stir the apples every few hours. 

Once the apple butter is complete, place apple butter in jars, seal lid, and store.  You my also freeze batches of the butter, too!

No comments: