Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Bacon Wrapped Chicken Teriyaki Skewers



I had high hopes for these bacon wrapped chicken teriyaki skewers!  Anything wrapped in bacon should be good, right?  I was disappointed in these skewers for two reasons:

1.  It was pouring down rain outside while my husband was trying to grill, so some of the pieces got burned
2.  The teriyaki sauce (out of the bottle) was very salty!

I should have followed the directions from the recipe on Pie Birds and made my own teriyaki sauce, but I was feeling lazy.  Next time I make these I will be making my own teriyaki sauce!

Ingredients:

1 lb chicken breast, cut into1 inch pieces
1 can of pineapple chunks
1 lb of bacon
skewer sticks
homemade teriyaki sauce (or bottled with no salt added)




Before you get started layering the skewers, prepare your meat and bacon.  I cut the chicken breast into 1 inch pieces and sliced the bacon strip into thirds as seen below:



Place a 9 x13 dish on your counter, so you can put the finished skewers in it. You are ready to begin!

1. Wrap a piece of bacon around each chicken piece and place on the skewer.

2. Place a pineapple chunk on the skewer.

3. Repeat until the skewer is full.

4. Once all the skewers are filled, pour the teriyaki sauce over the skewers.

5. Place in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours to give the skewers time to get happy in the sauce.

6. Grill the skewers over medium high heat. Rotate to cook evenly- make sure not to burn them! Check the temperature. The chicken should be at 180 degrees before removing from heat.

7. Let the skewers rest for a few minutes before eating!

No comments: