Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Banana Pudding: Grandma Style


This recipe was one that my grandmother made time and time again.  I loved it and could never get enough!  This is one of my most favorite summer dishes to make.  It is so easy and so yummy.  My friend and I took dinner (and banana pudding) over to a family last night who is fighting cancer.  I sure hope the family enjoyed it as much as we do!

Ingredients:

1 packet of vanilla pudding
8oz sour cream
1 container of cool whip
bananas
vanilla wafers


Prepare the vanilla pudding as directed.  Fold vanilla pudding, cool whip, and sour cream together.  Layer vanilla wafers, sliced bananas, and pudding mixture three times (depending on the size of the container you are using) in a dish.  Finish layering the with the pudding mixture on the top.  I always crumble up a few wafers and sprinkle the crumbs on the top for decoration.  Place the banana pudding in the fridge until ready to serve. 

*I enjoy eating the pudding a day after it is made, but some people prefer the crisp wafers.


Free kitchen labor!  :)

No comments: