Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Kinda Healthy Mac & Cheese


Kinda Healthy Mac & Cheese

5 Leftover Grilled Hot Dogs, Sliced
1 Head of Broccoli
Water
1 lb Macaroni Noodles
2 cups Cheese
1/2 Stick Butter
1/2 cup Milk
Salt/Pepper

***All my measurements are guesses.  I didn't measure!

  
This week has been super busy. I didn't get home from work today until 5:52pm. I did not make a menu for dinner this week, so I'm just all out of sorts! I was scanning over leftovers in the refrigerator and saw the hot dogs.  I decided to make my own hot dog and mac & cheese. It wouldn't have been a well-rounded meal without the veggie, so I grabbed a head of broccoli out of the vegetable
drawer. I brought a pot full of water and a dash of salt to a rolling boil. I dumbed in the macaroni and broccoli and let it boil until the macaroni was done. I drained it. I then added in the sliced cooked hotdogs. Then I added the water, butter, milk, and shredded cheese. I mixed it well and placed in bowls. My kids LOVED it! It was super easy and fast to make. Thank goodness, since I
had a fussy baby to love on!


No comments: